Monday, February 10, 2014

Thing 2 Mobile Devices

http://23mobilethingsmn.org/the-23-things/2-utilities/

My device is an Android Razor Max and since it is not on the list, which is fine, I will explore the Verizon site and YouTube for tips and tricks about how to use my phone.  I am a visual learner and don't need to learn more than what I can use at this point.
Things that I have learned:
to take a screen shot hold down together the power button and the volume down button
To root or not to root http://youtu.be/i5VU8VGGNJY
App to SD is an app that will store your apps on your SD card to free up memory on your phone
AstroFile Mgr is an app where you manage your phone files similarly to your computer files
ADW Launcher allows you to customize your home screens, use transitions, and make videos.
So much of what I am learning about my phone are things about individual apps that I would not load or use so I am not even mentioning them in my blog.

I am following this document
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/83714/action/auth
and putting to use the tips mentioned.  When I got my phone I spend a few hours on the phone with really patient tech support individuals and they told me quite a few of these tips.  The following are tricks that I have been using for quite some time:
Limiting Data Usage with the meter
I use a folder to keep my downloads and my settings icon in the same readily avaialble place on my home screen.
My 4 favorites are in the favorites tray.
I am smart about my data usage and only sync over wireless connections

I will need to:
Explore more widgets. I don't know what I am missing or desire
Tweak some of my apps back to 'normal' settings as I put them in low use modes when I was out of the country.
Wow there is sooooooo much to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on all of your blog posts for 23 Mobile Things! I hope you saw that your blog is on the list now. Also, don't forget, "Each time you complete a group of five things (in any order), send us an email at minn23@gmail.com with your name, region and blog name and we will add a badge next to your blog on the blog list by region." See 23 Mobile Things FAQ #6.

    ReplyDelete