Thursday, June 5, 2014

10. Sharing Photos

Blogging for this Thing:  Use at least one of these apps and share some photos. Write a blog post about what you think about the app and how you may be able to use it personally or professionally. If you know of another app that would fit under this Thing, tell us about it in your blog, too.I

Instagram it is. Snapchat is what the middle schoolers use or so says the HS kids that I work with. I am so surprised that Instagram pictures are All square. That is so very restrictive. I'm going to watch a YouTube video to see what I am missing. Screen names are how you find people if you are like me and don't want to share my FB contacts. I tried to search for some of the same names I follow on interest and didn't find the same names. Bummer. I'm not big into sharing personal photos and need to be careful about sharing photos of students with whom I work. I can see how Instagram would make a good repository for a world language class to store creative commons photos for a project or travel brochure.

_________________________________________________
Throwback Thursday, and more, people are taking pictures of every aspect of their lives and sharing them with family and friends. If you just read that and didn’t know what Throwback Thursday was, then this is the Thing for you. We’re going to introduce you to two of the most popular photo sharing apps – Instagram and Snapchat.

InstagramApple / Android
Instagram is by far the most popular photo sharing app at the moment. And unlike some of those websites who developed a mobile version, Instagram was born mobile and developed a website afterwards. Simple and straightforward, it allows you to either take photos directly with the app or use one in your Gallery and crop, add a filter, and share with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment